Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I'm ba-ack!

I don't know if any of you remember me gushing about this, but I had to go out and make one immediately. Well, I started it immediately, but it took a little time to get the top finished. And then there was the black month wherein my computer was dead and I had no internet access. Anyway, it's still at quilt-top stage, but I'm pretty sure I know what's going on the back. Just gotta get it on there. I'm still in love with it too.
And I do have some actual finishes to show you. We're just getting started here. I'm still getting used to my new computer and new internet system, so who knows how long this will take. I've decided that I like Ashley's modified bento box better than mine. She has more white and used more muted colors than mine. I didn't buy anything -- just pulled random things from my stash. I do like this one, though. It's quite a departure for me, but the more I look at it, the more I love it.
I'll put dimensions on here when I get it quilted. So now the question is -- What do I bind it with?!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

I think it looks absolutely fabulous! I love your colors, and I love the size of it - I'm wishing I had made mine a lot bigger! Can't wait to see it all finished!

Jill said...

I really love this quilt! I think the binding depends on what you are backing it with, Maybe one of the darker colors in the quilt would make a good binding. Please plan a trip here over labor day one year so I don't have to torture you with my fabric! The whole shopping trip would be more fun with you.

Marsha said...

This is gorgeous and looks so complicated. I wish I had a sewing machine and could actually see so I could start putting some log cabins, pineapples, fans and windows together. Soooo fun.

Amanda Jean said...

oh, i love this one!!! i want to make that pattern (someday) too. it's so fun!