Sunday, June 21, 2009

My week . . .

My sister came to visit me this week, and among other things, she wanted to make a quilt. Well, she wanted me to help her. It's hard to teach someone to quilt in just a couple of days, but we did our best. This is what we ended up with.
She helped me cut and sew some of the squares. By the time we got to the stippling, she had only two days left here, so she left it to me. I have no doubt, though, that when she goes back home, she will take what she learned and apply it to another project. Plus, she'll have Jill to help her. And now she has a stash -- leftovers from this quilt.
A couple pieces of satin. Some fine-wale corduroy.
Finished in three days.
So I started a new one and finished a new one, so I'm still at 73. Kinda makes you wonder why I haven't finished more, doesn't it? Hey, I can't be on vacation every week. Sometimes a girl has got to work and do laundry. I do need to be more focused like that, though, and then I could finish more. Okay. Renewed effort. Here we go. = )

5 comments:

Jill said...

She brought this over this morning and I really love it. I love the colors, you know seaside rose always gets me. She also showed me some of the cards you guys made, I want to have a craft/sewing retreat, how can we pull that off?

Little Munchkins said...

I love the quilt! Gorgeous colours.

P/S : I wanted to say thanks for dropping by my blog during the SMS Giveaway and that I have another giveaway in my blog :)

Amanda Jean said...

it looks like a beautiful quilt! everyday can't be a marathon quilting session. :) trust me, i know this all too well.

Cathy said...

What a wonderful sister you are and what a beautiful quilt she ended up with. I taught my sister to quilt last summer but her job keeps her so busy that she hasn't been able to keep up with it. It's fun to pass the addiction on isn't it? ;-)
Cathy

Marsha said...

Great quilt. Alice is so excited about it. Thanks for helping them have a great time.