Thursday, October 27, 2011

All-Star Bricks

Not that I needed more fabric, but I just love this Riley Blake line. I think it might be All-Star 2. I got a small FQ pack and just made up this bricks pattern. I was looking for something that would go together quickly. I usually make everything so complicated, and I had a lot of things to make before the birth fair.
I added in a Quilter's Only brown, some robots whose origin I cannot recall (Michael Miller perhaps), and a teal paisley from something so long ago. I think the line was called Tiddly Winks. Okay. I just walked myself upstairs and looked at the selvage. It IS Tiddly Winks, and it's by Arrin Turnmire for Moda. I forgot to look at the date. I'm not walking back up there, but I'm gonna say it's at least 4 years old. I know. I know. A white back on a baby quilt? It's what I had. I think it's cute. And it's too late to go back now. Incidentally, I did another baby quilt with these fabrics, and the front is mostly white while the back is mostly dark. I don't know why it worked out that way, but it did.

9 comments:

Dedra C said...

I love the bricks pattern. I'm currently picking my fabrics to make this very design. Yours is really pretty. Well done.

ps, I'm leap blogging over from crazymomquilts, in case you weren't sure.

KristyLou said...

I love that fabric!!!

Heather said...

It looks great! And a great color combination that you don't see all the time in baby quilts. Really nice!

Leslie said...

this is gorgeous...i love simple so that you can really show off the fabrics

Rachaeldaisy said...

What fun fabrics!! And how cool is the brick pattern, perfect for showing of big bold modern prints!!

GranthamLynn said...

Love it. Great job. I love those fabrics. I have the orange stars in a t-shirt I am working on. Hopefully will post next week.
Need to get it finished up!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Love it! I think it looks very cool!

bethanndodd said...

Riley Blake fabrics are always a favorite of mine...it looks great! I think the white is fine, it washes up just a well and it's the same color as spit up ;)
Sure to be well loved! Smiles~Beth

Susana Neiger said...

Awesome! Baby quilts are among my favorite things to make! Beautiful work!