Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Stationery Card Gift Set

So I go back and forth between whether I should post cards or quilts or something else altogether. You're getting cards today. I made this for one of my daughter's friend's birthday -- turning 10. Her favorite color is blue, so naturally I had to be obliging. I stole this idea from Mish Mash, as I do with so many of my ideas. I made eight cards all the same that say "From the desk of Sidney." I used PaperTrey Ink's Simple Alphabet stamp set for the lettering. The monogram-style letter is one I got at Joann's, but I don't know who made it, since I threw away all the packaging except for the plastic bag it came in. Shame on me.

I do usually mass-produce my cards anyway, but this particular project necessitates it. The paper is from a package I got at WalMart. The solid blue came with the floral print. The brown may have been in the same package, or it may have been from my stash. I'm sorry, I really don't know who made the paper. I'll have to get better at keeping track now that I'm blogging. I stamped the lettering as well as the monogram in Stampin' Up!'s Close to Cocoa. I sponged the edges of the monogram with a Martha Stewart Bamboo ink as well as the edges of the white card base. I just buy my cards with envelopes from Wal-Mart -- their bonus notecards with 50 for like $5.79 (used to be $4.99).

I inked the edges of the floral paper with SU!'s Close to Cocoa as well. The flower on the envelope is from Paper Trey's Garden of Life -- stamped in Martha Stewart Bamboo and Blue Sky ink -- and the "for You" sentiment is from Stampendous' Hey There Cupcake stamp set stamped in Close to Cocoa.

I had this box left over from one of the Paper Trey stamp sets that I purchased -- knowing it would come in handy someday. However, I know you can buy these from Paper Trey's website. The brown band is just cardstock from my stash. I made sure that the seam was in the front so I could cover it with my little "S" label. I tied it all up with a piece of brown organza ribbon, but I forgot to take a picture of it. My kids said their friend could not open it fast enough. Glad to know she loved it! I hope you do too. It's an easy gift for girls of a certain age (and their mothers).

2 comments:

Marsha said...

Hey, cute cards.

Jill said...

Please come and use up all my scrapbooking stuff, really, it would help me out a lot.