Wednesday, September 16, 2009

DQS7

Look at this beautiful quilt that I got from DQS7! Thanks to Sara Homeyer who sent it to me. She also sent me a load of other goodies -- including the scraps. I love batiks and have been slowly collecting them.
Look at all the intricate work she did -- both front and back. I can't believe all the tiny pieces she stitched together. I just love this! Thanks, Sara!
Now, here is my finished quilt for DQS7. I can't say who it's going to, because I just mailed it yesterday (right under the buzzer -- procrastinator, me).
She said she liked bright, funky fabrics and geometric blocks. I think this qualifies. Don't you? I only quilted on the white, because I wanted the dots to pop. You can kind of see that in the picture of the back.
I used clear plastic thread to zig zag it on. First time for that. Usually I do hand-applique. I love applique quilts and am so drawn to them, but I never seem to finish, because they are so time-consuming. I have multiple applique quilts that are not yet finished because of how long it takes. Maybe I need to do more machining. Hmm . . .

4 comments:

Marsha said...

Wow, you are really moving and they are all so bright and cheery. I love them.

Jill said...

Love both of the swap quilts, I didn't know you were collecting batiks, I made a batik quilt for Jeff years ago and I bet I have more scraps.

Julia said...

I love the colors of the quilt you made Jessica! It's really cute and fun!

Rebekah said...

Your quilt was such a treat to receive in the mail! Thank you so much for making such a beautiful and fun quilt for me!