Friday, August 2, 2013

Positively Coastal

A friend of mine from when I was in high school is having a baby boy -- his first child.  I wanted to make him something special -- something I would love too.  I am much better at girl quilts.  I have five boys, and our house is filled with girly quilts.  So I was a little worried about whether I had the necessary boyish fabrics to make the perfect quilt.  I have to say, I feel successful.  I LOVE this quilt.  



I used the backing fabrics as my guide and just pulled fabrics from my stash in those colors.  I could not be happier with the result.
I'm kind of wishing I had more of these fabrics so I could make a throw-sized one of these babies.  I hope my friend and his wife like it.  (Otherwise, I'll ask for it back . . .  just kidding, mostly.)

Pattern is here.

Linking with Amanda Jean's Finish it up Friday.

4 comments:

Samantha said...

Awesome job! love it! I just finished up this pattern for my 2 year old a couple weeks ago. She loves it!

bevkimmel said...

I don't think you will be taking this one back. I love how you coordinated the colors with the back. I will have to try the backwards approach sometime too!

Beth said...

Love the colors. Great choices.

Gemini Jen NZ said...

That is really really cool! Great work!