Thursday, April 23, 2009

Field of Brown

This quilt idea came from Amanda Jean's red and aqua quilt. That quilt is now archived in her 2008 quilts. You'll have to click her links on the side. Anyway, I made mine extra long so my husband's feet would always be warm. However, it is nearly too long to fit on the bed. I tell you, his feet are never cold, though.
I used a variety of fabric lines -- some City Girls by Kitty Yoshida for Benartex, some Shangri-La by 3 Sisters for Moda, and some Anticipation by Sandy Gervais for Moda. They went together so well. There might be a couple of Joann's pieces in there too. I was just using scraps left from other quilts. I didn't take picture of the back, and I haven't actually washed it yet -- partly because I didn't finish the stitch-in-the-ditch quilting on the strip yet. Yes, those are safety pins in there. I guess it doesn't count as a finish just because we're using it. I'll get it finished. I will. = ) Oh, and on the back is some Heidi Grace fabric that I got on sale at Joann's. I'm glad to have a quilt that fits my bed now. Yay!

3 comments:

Marsha said...

I always like very long quilts so i never make them the standard size. They just don't cover you when you are cold.
Looks great.

Jill said...

I am really liking the use of more solids in quilting. Is the brown a kona cotton or is it the one you get at Jo-Anns? I am trying to find a reason to own a bolt of solids in every color imaginable.

Amanda Jean said...

it's beautiful! does it collect lint though? the last dark brown quilt i made gets linty awfully quickly. otherwise i would be making a brown quilt for my bed, too.