Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Ladybug Crib Set

Here is the crib bedding set I made for my sister's first baby girl -- bumper pads, headboard, quilt and dust ruffle (white with black polka dots). There is some pink satin as well as pink chenille in the main part of the quilt.
Pink chenille ric-rac is across the middle of the head board. The side border of the headboard is gathered on both sides to give a rouching effect.

Just a close-up of the center of the quilt. What is fun about a random quilt like this is that you can use some of your scraps if you have them. I really only had two little scraps of the pink satin, but that was just enough to give it some interest.

Not feeling really chatty today. Don't know what that's about.

4 comments:

Terry and Alice said...

Thanks so much for the gorgeous crib set. I love it so much!

Jessica Christensen said...

I'm so glad you do. It's nice when people like things that you've made. That's what makes the creating fun for me. So, when are you going to make your first quilt? Come on, you know you want to!

Amanda Jean said...

what a cute set! I LOVE pink and green and red together. you did a great job!

Marsha said...

It was fun to see this on Violet's crib. It looks great.