Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Summer Song Pinwheel Redux

I made one of these before with leftovers from an as yet unfinished quilt.  There were enough leftovers to make two sweet baby quilts.  The fabric is Summer Song by My Mind's Eye for Riley Blake (with a few random things from my stash thrown in).


A Pezzy back (and a boy's silhouette).


Binding is from Momo's It's a Hoot.  I love this dot in all colors.  I recently found some at my LQS.  I bought it in the green and the blue.  Oh, and the gray.  I have already bound another quilt in the green, and I used the blue and green for the back of another quilt.  It is just perfect as a binding.  I think I have enough to bind one more big quilt with it.  And then maybe I'll have to go buy more.
I just quilted it with an all-over stipple in the interest of gittin' 'er done.  Finished quilt is 36" x 45" -- perfect baby-snuggling size.

I will be linking up with Amanda Jean's Finish it up Friday when Friday rolls around.  Happy Quilting!

5 comments:

MaterialGirlQuilts said...

Cute pinwheel quilt! By the way, I LOVE the quilt in your header...gorgeous!
Amanda

Jessica Hadden said...

Love your pinwheels! And what would pinwheels be without a sweet boy shadow?! :)

Vicki said...

Fabulous quilt! So soft and sweet.

Jennie @ Porch Swing Quilts said...

Such a pretty little quilt - and you are right, that dot is perfect for binding.

a maidenhair fern said...

darling! I love the colors.