Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Raggedy Ann and Andy Hedgerow Quilt

I know it has been a while, but I haven't just been resting on my laurels while I've been AWOL. This quilt is based on Elizabeth Hartman's Hedgerow Quilt. I made it considerably bigger than hers, and instead of using 1.5 and 1.75 inch strips, I used 1.5 and 2 inch strips. My finished blocks are 13 inches instead of 12 inches. I have 2 inch sashing between them.
Finished quilt is 77x92.
I got a little overzealous on this one and made too many blocks. It was going to be enormous, so I used some for the back. I'm hard-pressed to say whether I like the back or the front more.
Close-ups.
I thoroughly love this quilt. In fact, the only thing I don't like about it is that it's not at my house. My friend Marsha had a significant birthday in October, and she LOVES Raggedy Ann and Andy, so it resides with her.
I think I will have make another hedgerow quilt. I love the look. It was time-consuming, but I think that's largely because I made 35 blocks. Maybe I'll go smaller scale next time. Aw, who am I kidding? Bigger is better, right?
Anyway, so now I'm down to 69 UFOs. I don't think I've been in the 60's yet, because I keep starting new things. This one counts for Jacquie's Joy in the New Year Challege too.

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

This quilt is gorgeous! I love the subtle variations in color in each block

Julia said...

Oh Wow! I totally love this quilt!! It's absolutely gorgeous! Great job!

Jill said...

I really like this one Jess, front and back. Looks great!

Amanda Jean said...

it's an amazing quilt! nice work! it's fun to see the quilt done up in different colors. you did awesome!