Wednesday, March 10, 2010

DQS8

I love the Doll Quilt Swap, because it gives you the opportunity to try techniques that you might want to use on a larger-scale quilt. This gorgeous quilt from Scootin' Annie (on flickr) has wonderful machine quilting detail. The picture does not really do justice to how dynamic it is in person. Thank you, Katherine!
This is the quilt I sent to my partner. She said she liked 30s prints and traditional quilts, so I used the shoo-fly block in a variety of 30s prints. I also threw in a couple of blocks out of Sweet by Urban Chiks for variety. I know that's more 50s, but they seemed to go pretty well with what I already had going.
My oldest son said he thought I had made a quilt like that already, that it looked familiar. I suppose it's a little like my summertime swap mini-quilt. I'll have to branch out.

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

These quilts are beautiful! I love the vintage repro fabrics with the white background.