Thursday, September 25, 2008

Tiddly Winks Baby Quilt

This is just a quick post, because it's nearly my bedtime. I made this quilt about a year ago for my husband's brother's first baby girl. I wanted it to be trendy, not frilly, but also not masculine. This is one of my favorite baby quilts that I've made. The fabric is from the Tiddly Winks line. I'm afraid that off the top of my head I can't recall who did that fabric line, and I'm too tired to do the research. You'll have to Google it yourself.

My friend has an embroidery machine, so she embroidered a label for the back. Clearly, I didn't take a great picture, since you can't even see anything on the label, but as I said, I don't have the quilt anymore, so I can't take a better one. You can even see the flap of the box I was about to put it in so I could ship it. I think she was three months old by the time I finally sent it. Timeliness with gifts doesn't seem to be my strong suit. What is that?

I love putting fun fabrics for the back of the quilt, not just boring solid, plain fabrics. I like it to be nearly as fun as the front.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy. I'm looking mostly to inspire and share, but if anyone wants any help recreating something here, leave me a comment, and I can give you more detailed instructions.

2 comments:

Terry and Alice said...

Wow, that is a dang cute quilt.

Marsha said...

Very cute, daughter. I wish I was taking time to design quilts. I still have many of the designs I got from Ginny Byers books. I cannot remember how to spell her name anymore it has been so long.
Way to go! Keep creating.
MOM