Friday, September 18, 2009

Paris Flea Market

I finished this one during the blackout. It is one that I made quite a few years ago and then just sat in the queue. It's on my girls' bed. It doesn't match, but I'm still working on the one that goes on their bed (hand applique, oi!). And, yes, I did have to make the bed before I could take any photos. = ) And I carefully made sure you couldn't see the rest of the room.

This was really one of my first "quilt shop" fabric lines that I purchased, so I was loathe to cut up the fabrics into little tiny pieces. I loved the prints so much (and they are SO soft, BTW) that I just decided to do large squares.

I just did a loopy meander all over the quilt.

Soft stripe on the back.

I love this quilt because of its softness and because it represents a turning point in my quilting -- from "whatever" fabric to quilt shop fabric. I still use "lesser quality" fabrics as well, but that's because of budgetary constraints. If I could buy all my stuff at quilt shops, I probably would. Well, except for my batting, because that goes on sale at Joann's. And my muslin. Same reason.

3 comments:

Jill said...

You know I love this! The fabric is soo soft and just too pretty to cut up. Yay on another finish!

Julia said...

I love the colors in this one! My girls would love it if I would make a quilt for them! I've started a new quilt that I'm excited about! I'm almost done with the cutting and then I can get to the sewing! You're so funny! I do the same thing with my bundles of fat quarters or strips! I love a line and get the big bundle of fat quarters and can't stand to cut them up. They're just so pretty!

Amanda Jean said...

it's so very beautiful!!! i love that fabric...so sweet and pretty. good for you for keeping it in big blocks...it really lets the fabric shine.