Saturday, February 20, 2010

Friday Night Sew-In Results

This quilt has been hanging around for a long time. I mean, a LOOOONNNNNGGGG time. I made a bubblegum pink version of this for my niece when she was born. Nearly seven years ago. Ladies, that is how I roll. If you didn't know it before, you know it now. I just had seen a vintage quilt that looked like this, drafted my own pattern. That's why if you look closely, the scallops have issues. So don't look too closely.
Initially I had left that big white border empty of quilting. I just had the crosshatching in the center blocks. Mistake. It just wasn't right. So last night, I added the floral quilting.
This is actually the quilt that I stayed up late on New Year's Eve binding for Jacquie's Joy in the New Year challenge. I finished the binding at like 12:08, so I didn't count it. Then I decided it wasn't complete, so it sat for a month and a half.
My friend had a baby shower for her third girl this morning. She's doing the nursery in purple, so that was perfect. I guess this quilt has been laying around waiting for her. I just didn't know it.
Other things I worked on last night were some stitching on some thank you cards I made for her -- which I neglected to take a picture of -- and then I did a few whirligig blocks for Cathy's whirlygig quilt-along. They weren't worth taking a picture of, because I just did some chain piecing. No actual blocks were finished last night. Maybe next month (hopefully before then).
Thanks to Heidi and Bobbi for hosting this!

3 comments:

letsgetcreative said...

OK.....I LOVE the blanket! THank you SOOOOOO much! If you want I will take some pics of the thank you cards and send them to you! They are so adorable....almost too adorable to use! And they are ALL different. I will do that.....hmmmm....soon!

Jill said...

I think I saw this quilt once upon a time when we visited. I didn't realize it was still on your WIP list though. The pink one is still well loved and used all the time.

Dana - Old Red Barn Co. said...

Beautiful. Love the soft purple colors and that scalloped edge!