Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Pink and Black Polka Dots

What could be in this beautifully wrapped package? Yeah, I wrapped it, but I still say it's beautiful. Not your typical baby shower wrapping paper, but it fit perfectly with what was on the inside . . .
This!!! I had found this Michael Miller Pop Dots in Joann's a couple years ago, got it 40 percent off, so I bought something like 6 yards of it. I made my second daughter's Easter dress from it (which I do plan to post, yes), and then I had to use it in this.
Initially I was going to just put plain white squares where the black 9-patches are, but I thought it might be too blah that way. I think I made the right choice with the black. BTW, that black has little white polka dots on it that you can't see.
I love when people have baby girls so I can make something girly. My girls are too old, and my four youngest are boys. They just don't appreciate pink. The mama who got this quilt certainly appreciated it though. It was very well received.
I hope you all like it too.

3 comments:

Marsha said...

I love it. Especially the polka dots. I had several dresses with polka dots when I was a teen-ager. Yes, we had to wear dresses to school.

Jill said...

I have some of that fabric still. I made a skirt for Bella a few years ago, I am so glad Sophie will grow into it soon. I bet the mama was so happy, that quilt is adorable!

Lynn said...

Saw your comment on Crazymom's blog today - maybe we should start a group - quilters with messy kids.
You have some beautiful quilts on your blog. Your making me feel better though about patronizing Joann's - I can find some good fabric there - cheap. Love the baby quilt!