Friday, November 20, 2009

The Celebrate Spring Baby Quilt Saga

This quilt came from a charm pack of Celebrate Spring by Sandy Gervais. (I just love her stuff!) I had put the center together with the charm pack, and then I was unsure what to do. I hadn't purchased any coordinating fabrics to go with it. So it sat around for a year or so. Could be two. I can't be 100 % sure.
Then I was at my LQS, and I saw some FQs of the green floral and yardage of the red polka thin border (also on the back). Then I got it to quilt top stage, and it sat around again. Then I got all serious and this summer I quilted it. I even made binding and had it mostly finished when I realized that my back was slightly -- like 1/2" too short on one side, and I was seeing batting on the back. I'm sure this never happens to any of you, but I was working with limited resources, so I was trying to eke something out of nothing. Needless to say, I abandoned it again. Jacquie got me motivated to finish it. So here it is, finished and now in transit to its permanent home.
I'm not sure the photos do it justice. I guess I'd better work on that. It is the sweetest little baby quilt.

4 comments:

Jill said...

When you are here-months from now, I will show you the backing slightly too small trick. I don't know that I can adequately describe it, but when it's just a little bit off there is an easy way to finish it. I love these fabrics. The quilt looks great.

Terry and Alice said...

That is sooo cute! I like baby quilts that aren't all pink or purple. I think it's more modern looking but still sweet and precious.

Marsha said...

The wait was worth it. It is a darling quilt.

Amanda Jean said...

that baby quilt is sooooo sweet! i love that it only used one charm pack and some yardage. that's perfect.