Thursday, December 31, 2009

Baby Pastel Flannel

This was one that Jill had cut out the pieces for a long, long time ago and had given up on, so she gave it to me. Of course. I accept all orphan blocks and partial quilts into my home. It has sat at my house for quite some time as well. I actually put the top together a year or two ago, and then earlier this year I quilted it. Again, I just eyeballed the diagonal crosshatch, using the corners as guides.
Thanks to Jacquie's challenge, it is now bound and finished, ready to go to some cold baby. I do have one more baby quilt that might get finished before midnight. I sewed the binding on by machine, and now all I have left is the handwork. Here's hoping. (If I can just get my kids to bed, I'm sure I can get it done while watching New Year's shows.) Maybe you'll hear from me again later tonight!

3 comments:

Julia said...

Oooooh that lazy gal red turned out so cute! Do you give away all your quilts? They take so much work! You are a fabulous quilter!! I just posted a picture of my first table runner. I even quilted and bound it! LOL! The quilting looked like I was on crack. LOL!

Jill said...

This orphan project at least seems a little familiar to me. Sorry for adding to your UFO's with my abandoned projects. I am working on a flannel quilt right now, I am just quilting it for Shelly, and it reminds me that I am not a huge fan of making flannel quilts.

Marsha said...

I love this one. Pastels look so soft and cuddly.