Monday, December 15, 2008

Some cards

The Christmas cards were for card swap in November. I always do two different sets. I made the cards, but I don't know if any of them will actually get sent out! I am so behind on that, and I'm never very good at sending cards, so I suppose no one will be surprised if they don't get a card from me this year. It's par for the course, and I can always use them next year -- try again.
I didn't really have good enough ink on this gingerbread card. Well, it was good ink, but it was dye ink, and I needed some chalk ink or something for this acrylic stamp. Anyway, the gingerbread men look cookie-ish with their sporadic inking. Whatever. They look better IRL than they do in this picture. It's from a Martha Stewart stamp set -- some Christmas one I got at Wal-Mart. I used iridescent white puff paint and red stickles on the gingerbread men.
These are just some cards that I thought would good for weddings. The butterfly stamp is from Papertrey Ink. I stamped it in some Martha Stewart blue ink. It's upstairs, and I'm too lazy to go up and check the exact name. I just used Frosted Lace stickles on the outside of the butterflies. The glittery paper is from My Mind's Eye. I think. The "Celebrate" sentiment if from Papertrey's Little Lady stamp set. I stamped the butterflies, cut them out, and adhered them with a glue dot. I bent them in the middle a little bit just so they wouldn't be completely flat.

I have a quilt ready to show you. Maybe I'll get it posted today as well. Maybe not. I know I've been so unreliable about posting. In the meantime, it has been a while since I posted any cards, but it's not because I haven't been making them. So here they are. I hope you're having a good Christmas/Holiday season. Are you ready?

1 comment:

Marsha said...

Wow, I can't keep up with all of the things you do. Very cute cards.