Friday, October 21, 2011

Blackberry Baby

I never know what to name my quilts. In preparation for the birth fair that I did last month, I finished up a bunch of baby quilts. This was one. I have no sophisticated photos -- just front and back. The next few posts will look similar to this one in that way.
This is one I designed myself. I don't like how wide the black strips are. They look fine with the bigger blocks but are ridiculously huge next to the smaller ones. I'm going to keep looking at this, though, because I like the idea of it. Back. I was able to use up a lot of the purple that Jill sent me. I'm not a purple person, but I have a friend who loves purple and black together. I'm hoping this next baby of hers is a girl, so she can have this one.

2 comments:

Jill said...

I love that butterfly fabric-I am liking black and white a lot lately. The strips look okay to me, maybe if they weren't consistent in size you could get the look you are going for.

Rebecca said...

What a beautiful modern baby quilt!