Sunday, January 31, 2010

Joy Pocket Card

The woman who does the billing for Michael's company (we contract it out, but it's just one woman who does it) has done an amazing job for us this past year. She really worked hard and helped streamline the billing process, helped us to know how to maximize our profits. I wanted to do something nice for her for Christmas. We couldn't really afford to give her a real bonus, so we just got her a couple of gift cards -- one to Coldwater Creek and one to a nice restaurant around here.
Of course, I had to make a special pocket card that would house the gift cards and look nice. Here is what I came up with.
Front.
First pocket page. Insert gift card.
Second pocket page.
Back.
Finished product.
Michael said she raved about the card more so than about the gift cards. She just couldn't believe "your wife made this for me!" I tell you, a beautiful package makes everything better. It was a fun and easy card to make, although it wasn't particularly quick. It was like making four cards -- or three and a half at least. I'll probably post some more paper projects here (Christmas ones too, I'm sure). I just don't think I can maintain a papercrafting blog as well as this one. Mixed media -- that's what it will be.

1 comment:

Julia said...

THey are soooooo cute! I love them!!