Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Summer plans

Let me have a what, what! for the fact that Amanda Jean is back. Did I mention this before? Anyway, true to form, she's back to inspiring me. She's having another quilt-along. And I'm joining in. Of course. This is what I'm going to use for it.

I am so excited. It's my first Fig Tree fabric purchase, though I have long coveted Joanna's stuff. Anyway, my summer plans -- I am going to try to finish all my quilt-alongs. It's getting ridiculous how many I've started and not finished. So here's the list.

  1. Christmas 9-patch from Amanda Jean's One-a-day QAL
  2. Anina's Geese in the Forest
  3. Applewood Farms BOM from last year
  4. AJ's new QAL

So now we're in the crazy room where I suggest that I can actually finish all this by the end of the summer (let's say the end of August). And I'm going to be gone all of July. And I have two finished tops from my quilt group that I need to quilt also. But I'm not going to commit to those, because, you know, that would just be too much to finish. I actually think there is no freakin' way I will finish all these by the end of the summer, BUT this will give me a list to focus on. And I definitely need help with focusing. Cross your fingers. If I DO finish all this -- I don't know how I'll reward myself, but let me tell you, it will be AWESOME! What are your summer plans? I hope you finish more than you start! = )

4 comments:

Tamara Hampton said...

you can do it!! My summer goal is to get my sewing machine fixed!! Until then.. ive set the goal of hand peicing two quilts by august and finish cutting what is needed for the 6 denim rag quilts i am making for christmas... oh yeah, i still have to tie two that are finished and waiting for that! That will leave 4 to finish by christmas in the fall... but if i get my machine fixed they will be a piece of cake!

Jill said...

How many are you bringing when you come, we could make a dent if we focus. Are all of these at the need to be quilted stage? We should make a plan of attack for a few of them.

Marsha said...

Big plans but reward yourself by taking a month rest from quilting, huh! I love you. I know what the problem is that you have to make all of the quilts that I wanted to but was too lazy to attack. Sorry!

Rebekah said...

oh man! You are going to be busy. I really want to join AmandaJean's new quilt along, but I just don't have the time to do it right now