Monday, January 24, 2011

Birdie Stitches

Have you seen Little Miss Shabby's block-of-the-month. I love embroidery, and of course, we all know I love a quilt-along. Since it's only one block per month, I may actually be able to stay caught up. I actually have cut out all the squares and center blocks (although now I'm wishing I had used linen for the embroidery squares).
(Please, overlook my lovely ironing board. It's well-used.) Corey is using Sunkissed by Sweetwater for Moda in her blocks. I wanted to get some and do mine out of it too, especially since that's what they're using for Blockapalooza (which, yes, I'm going to do that one too). But I'm being good and using my Summer Song up (plus a few other random scraps).

2 comments:

Jill said...

So cute! I love it! I like the summer song colors with it, I think you will be happy with it. I looked at the flickr group and I liked all the variations. But the summer song add a vibrancy I really like.

Marsha said...

WOW, nice bright colors. This quilt will cheer up any room or person who has it. Keep going, girl.