Thursday, October 15, 2009

Applique Sunflowers

I was on a huge applique kick (and sunflower kick, for that matter) a few years back. I started many projects (shocker!) that took a long time. I have been working on this one for about 6 years. There are 64 hand-appliqued sunflowers -- all from scraps. I finally finished the applique on the very last one last week. Hee hee, I'm so excited about this! Now I just have to put the blocks together. I hope I still like this quilt when it's done. I also went through a phase where I did a bunch of yellow, red, and green quilts. Here's to finishing REALLY old UFOs. I'm so proud. It's only a milestone, but it was the biggest portion of it.

3 comments:

Amanda Jean said...

good for you for finishing up old UFOs!

Jill said...

I don't know if I remember seeing this one. Soldier on with the UFO's. I think there is something lovely about finishing them, a great sense of accomplishment.

Julia said...

That's the next thing on my list! I wanna learn how to applique! Good job on this! They look really good!