Sunday, May 10, 2009

One-a-day Quilt Along

So the reason I have so many quilt tops that aren't finished -- well, the reasons are many and varied, but one of the main ones is that I can't tell myself no. I see some project I want to do, and then I just do it. Just so you know, this was included in the 75 WIPs. I had already started this when I counted. Amanda Jean had a great idea to just do one nine-patch a day, and then in a couple of months you would have enough to do a whole quilt top. So I am actually caught up (till tomorrow when I will have to do another).
No, a girl can never have too many patriotic quilts. Seriously. I'll let you know if I ever get there. I just love the colors, and I love the Fourth of July. It's my second favorite holiday (after Thanksgiving) -- or maybe it's tied with Thanksgiving for first. Either way -- can't have too many patriotic quilts.
Plus, I have so many patriotic scraps that I have got to use them up somehow. = )

5 comments:

Jill said...

I am getting started on this one today. I need to get all caught up. I am so excited to use up a bunch of scraps.

I love the patriotic quilts too. I think yours is going to look great!

Lynn said...

I'm doing this one too - it's not the blocks that are a problem - because I'm using my scraps which is good ... but once I have the top sewn together - I have to finish it - no new ufo's!

Lisa said...

Love your blocks! I've been wanting to do a patriotic quilt for awhile now ... have the fabric, just not the time!

Amanda Jean said...

your blocks are great! i find myself making a lot of quilts in the same color schemes because of all the fabric scraps leftover. i guess that's a hazard when you are determined to use up every little scrap.

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

many of us have issues saying no.. that's one of the best parts of being a quilter!