Saturday, May 9, 2009

This week . . .

I think most of my posts will find me slightly hanging my head for a while. I found six baby-sized quilts that just needed binding, so I figured I could finish them up in one week. Not so. I did, however, get all the bindings made for them. (The blue is for two quilts.)
This one I already had the cutest checked gingham premade binding, so I started sewing it on Thursday night. Naturally I would start with the most difficult. This quilt is scalloped, so it's slow going. And now looking at it, I feel strongly that I need to add some more rows of echo quilting in that white border.
Hopefully I can finish all these next week. No time today -- church party for the kids this morning, 2nd grade ocean project due Tuesday to basically finish this weekend, lawn to mow, house to clean, eggrolls to make, party tonight at my house with a few of my friends. Oh, yeah, and I really, really need to go get on the treadmill for a little bit.

2 comments:

Jill said...

I think that purple quilt resembles a pink one that lives here. Bella still sleeps with it all the time.

I think I really like making binding. I find it very satisfying to have it ready to go, and I love the way it looks all rolled up. I have had the Hawaiian quilt pattern since Virginia. And at one time I had fabric for it, but I think it got re-purposed at some point along the way. And now, being a bit wiser about such things, I am going to try a little one first rather than a queen.

Amanda Jean said...

i love having bindings made ahead of time and piling them up like that. (it doesn't happen very often, but i love it when it does!)

the purple quilt is so soft and pretty!